Saturday, October 11, 2014

Baby steps, keep moving!

Who's working this weekend? I tried and tried to get this weekend booked with something and kept hitting obstacles! I hope it's because I'm going to have a baby! lol
I just want to take a minute to talk a little bit about stepping out of your comfort zone. Now, this is something leaders ALWAYS tell you, that you need to do. But, do you need to LEAP out of it? No. Baby steps! One of the most effective and productive ways to grow your business is to build relationships with people- and that starts with trust.
So, how do you build a relationship? How does it start?
The easiest thing to do is simply find something to compliment someone on. Say, "I like your necklace!"
This is going to start a conversation- when they say thank you, ask them- "Is it Paparazzi?"
If they say yes, say- "I thought so! I just started selling it, and just LOVE it!"
If they say no, this is your opportunity! Share it with them!
If they don't want to engage in conversation, no harm, no foul- you might have made their day simply by giving them a compliment.
Maybe that person will remember you the next time you run into them at the store, and approach you this time. Start building those relationships.
Some people have built a very successful business by using social media. But let me tell you this, it's a lot harder to build a relationship with someone you haven't met face to face. Most of my team is built on personal relationships. How many of you were my hostess before joining? How many knew me before I started selling? See how that works? You knew me, trusted me....
Your comfort zone is ok to start in...but don't be afraid of those baby steps on your way out. Always move forward. I challenge you this weekend, as you are running errands or doing your normal activities, to just pay someone a compliment. Test the waters. If nothing happens, that's ok- it was good practice! Keep doing it, and you will find results! Make it all about them! Offer value and interest in who THEY are!
I hope to hear some positive stories come out of this!

2 comments:

  1. I had to step out of my comfort zone to start seeing progress. Now I tell everyone I meet and give them all cards. Since one month of putting in the work I have 2 fundraisers booked, 2 basket parties, a home party and two leads.

    It takes work and I choose broke not to be my hard.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment!!! How are things, now?

      Delete