Thursday, April 16, 2015

This is Me, being Brave.

This is me. Amanda Frampus. Mom of 4 boys.

I have to tell you a story. 
I was kinda picked on in school. I was pretty quiet and shy- kinda a loner. I was that "christian girl"- I didn't date anyone from my school, I had one or two friends- but pretty much- it was just me. I spent a lot of time alone in my room- or playing with my sister. Sports were hard for me. I wasn't gifted at music, sports, or anything- I am kinda good at writing- but, I'm no author. Anyway- away from my hometown- was a different story. I went to Bible camp from the time I could stay the night alone- (I'm pretty sure it started with family camp, then kids camps, then teen camp...and the big one- the conventions). At camp- I was someone. I could open up and be the total and complete weird nerd that I am- and- it was embraced- complimented- adored. I LOVED camp! 
Anyway- so, as I grew up- I kinda stuck to that loner type life. You know- just me my family and I. Kinda quiet and qwerky. I don't like a lot of drama, and loud noisy stuff. I like quiet music and overcast days. I like naps. But- it's kinda lonely, too. 
And then it so happened that I find myself in a direct sales company- where uh- it gets pretty loud sometimes. lol. I kinda found a little family in here. I have found hundreds of women and men- who are a bit qwerky. And, I feel at home! 
So this business kind of challenges me a lot. Not just the challenge of being a work at home parent and having to manage our time and budget wisely. You know- all that grown up stuff. But also getting way outside a comfort zone. I remember telling my sponsor- "I went and bought some hair flowers, because- I'm not sure I can pull off the big flower look." 
And- I also specifically remember when I first started, saying something like, "I don't have a comfort zone. I'm ready to do whatever it takes." 
Well hello- I found my limits. lol. I'm willing and able to push past them. But, I've definitely found the edge of my box. 
Now you may look at me taking "selfies" and say oh there she goes again, promoting her business. But let me spill the beans for you. I'm not JUST promoting my business- because, well let's face it- I really am my best and most affordable advertisement campaign. But, I am showing you something else, too. 
I am showing you me.
 This is ....ME. I am a normal mom with 4 kids who battles with things like depression, self consciousness, my weight... all those "normal" adulthood things. 

Recently, I've been wearing hippie headbands. It darn near gives me a panic attack leaving the house wearing one. I adore them- they are sooooo cute! I love the way they look on everyone else and you bet I can style YOU up to look fantastic in them as well. But on ME. I think I look ridiculous. This was a comfort zone issue. See- we didn't have hippie headbands when I first started. So no problems, right? 

Isn't she GORGEOUS?! 



I tell you what. It takes a lot of courage for me to take a picture and post it on every social media outlet I use. It's scary. I constantly think someone is going to make a snide comment about how it's not "me". 
But- ever since I was in high school- I had an aunt who would tell me- "you have a hippie girl spirit".

Anyway- look at me not being an author- right? I just wanted you to know- that it's not always just a ploy to get you to buy stuff. Sometimes, it's just me taking a step out of my box and believing in myself that I AM beautiful. Sometimes it's just me being brave!

A day I felt completely ridiculous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment