Friday, March 21, 2014

Be Confident!

Growing up in a Christian home, I often heard these words "pride is a sin".  I had it pounded into my head that pride is sinful. It was a bad thing. But, I missed the point. I didn't understand, that there is a difference between sinful pride and pride- and ultimately, noone told me there was a difference between pride and confidence.

I grew up with zero self  confidence. I did not claim who I was. I did not stand tall and I definitely was not strong. This is a huge problem!

Since becoming a mother, and also having my own business- I've learned something. Pride, has many forms. I'm proud of my kids- they drive me crazy- but, I'm proud that God gave them to me and trusted me enough to raise them.

I'm proud of my husband. I know, I am not easy. But, he still stands by me, believes in me, pushes me and is my crutch when I can't stand any longer. Without him, the whole would would collapse and I'd be totally the woman who stays home and never goes out, with 22.5 cats and a dog.

But, most of all, and this is HUGE.... I am proud of me. I have grown up into a confident woman. I now realize that I am strong, I can do whatever I put my mind to and that's ok!

If you are in business for yourself, it's important to be confident that what you have is enough. Whether it's inventory, personality or talent. It's ok to grow more, be more, do more- but be confident with what you have right now. Be proud of where you are, how far you've come and who you have surrounded yourself with. It's ok to move slowly, as long as you keep moving.


No comments:

Post a Comment