Tuesday, June 2, 2015

It's all about the FORM!

They really should teach things like this in high school. And suddenly, I'm sitting here thinking- haven't I said that before?  A resume never got me anywhere.  But my FORM has!  What in the world am I talking about?



For 3 years, I've poured my life into learning, applying, learning, applying- trying to find the best methods to grow my business.  I've followed some really big people, and learned a ton!  One of the best tools that I've come across, and probably one of the most solid keys to success is building relationships. But honestly- they never taught us how to do this in school- or in ANY of my college courses on small business.  I think this is fundamental.  You need to make friends.  When we start any business we are encouraged to make our FRANKS list. Friends, Relatives, Associates/Acquaintances, Neighbors, Kids, Service.  See the first one? Friends. How exactly does one go about "making friends". I tell you something, I was a loner in school. I had maybe one or two good friends, and that's it.  I didn't "know how" to make friends, and no one ever taught me.  So, when getting into business and making this list- I thought- now who do I know? I don't have "friends". I had to learn how to make new ones and this was a huge struggle for me.

Well today I can tell you, it's actually really easy!  I've stumbled across a method that really works wonders- even if you are not in business and just want friends!  The FORM method is fantastic, and it's genuine.  Put yourself in there- be real and learn to listen, not just with your ears- but with your heart.

FORM:

Family- Ask things like, "Are you married? Do you have kids?" People just open up! We love to brag on family! Ask questions that demand explanation, like- "how did you meet your husband?" Generate a conversation.

Occupation: Ask them things like: "What do you do for a living?" " Do you enjoy your job?" "Does it leave you feeling fulfilled?"

Recreation: "Do you take family vacations?"  "Tell me about your favorite trip!" If they haven't gone for awhile= they will probably show some sort of desire or longing to go somewhere "someday".

Money: "Do you feel like you have enough money?"  "Do you have a nest egg?" "Would you be ok if your husband suddenly lost his job?"

People will tell you their whole life story!! What you are looking for is 1 or 2 stresses in their life that YOU can offer a solution to (your opportunity). Now, I don't recommend that you just sit down and ask all these questions in one sitting, or make it like an interview. Just be real with people.  It might take 5 conversations to cover it all- but what are you doing during that time? Building a relationship and trust.  You don't even need to go in order-  Maybe start with vacations!

When you begin to learn about them as a person, and what they really need in their life (they may not even know!)- you can offer them a solution without being salesy.  At that time you can say, you know- I used to feel the same way/be in that same situation- this (opportunity) has really helped my family and I!

Leave them wanting more, let them ask you about your life and how it's changed.  Let the conversation happen.

We need to remember that not everyone will open up to you. Not everyone is going to need your opportunity, and even the ones who do need it- not all of them will accept it.  But, don't throw the relationship away- they could be fabulous customers or refer your next rockstar to you.  You just never know!

This will not get you rich quick. But you will have stronger teams in the long run.  This has honestly changed the game for me!  To learn more about what I do, click here!  I'd love to work with you!




No comments:

Post a Comment