Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Considerations

I'm sorry- I just have to admit this. I'm still upset. I ran into a situation recently that really put my business in a bind- and it's making me upset. You will probably never see this, and if you did- you probably won't even think it's about you.

I will be the first to tell you, that not every consultant who joins your team, will like you. Not every consultant, will stay on your team. But, I just want say- that it's not always right when they leave. And sometimes you will never know why they don't like you.  There will never be a confrontation or argument, they just will decide one day they don't like you, and they will stop communicating with you.  And that really is okay.  It's hard- but, it's ok.

But, on the flip side, it's not right to quit- get mad- throw fits and destroy an entire team, because you are selfish and feel hurt.  Especially, when there are clear cut rules, and/or terms and conditions that YOU AGREED TO when you signed up for something.  You agreed to the conditions.  You signed the contract, and the company (in this case) was abiding by those rules set in place. I don't care if you do think you are the exception to the rule.  It's not right to hold a grudge because someone did their job.

You are entitled to your feelings.  Just as I am entitled to mine. Here is what you did because you decided to be immature.

You had no consideration for anyone around you.

You hurt your sponsors income. Just because you don't need the income, does not mean that she is not relying on income you have generated for her.  This is her only income, and now- you have taken well over half of it away.  I'm sure she was relying on that income to pay bills, feed her family and generally just to live. Did you even think of her? Did you even call her to talk about the situation? Did you even ask her for help?

You hurt people beneath you. You have shown yourself to be a weak and immature leader for your team.  You have definitely led by example, and now they are all going to leave, too- because of a problem that you failed to handle correctly. They may have been setting goals to make this something big for themselves, and now you have destroyed that dream for them. Did you consider their feelings? Did you consider what you might be doing to their future?

You hurt MY family.  Taking a hit like this- means I now have to replace you, and everyone you take with you, with 2 more people- each.  My kids, my husband, and myself-  all now have to struggle to replace that lost income, that we have definitely appreciated the past 4-5 months. Did you consider us at all?

And the biggest thing I am confused about, is that you told me that you enjoy this business.
You find joy in offering these products to others, and you enjoy engaging with your customers. So you are letting one little tiny FIXABLE thing, destroy it all.  

Then, when I tried to help you- By taking time out of MY schedule and business, to fix your problem... you refuse to communicate with me- and find your own "fix it" solution.  Making ME look like an idiot trying to help you.  I do not appreciate the lost time, your attitude, or your selfishness.

But, I guess in all fairness. I don't want people like that on my team anyway. We are a team that focuses on empowerment, encouragement, service and love.  Sometimes that means we need to also forgive.

So I say all of that to say this. I am praying for you, and all of those surrounding you affected by your selfish decisions.  I also forgive you for hurting so many.  And, I release you. I let it go.  I'm hurt, upset, and confused by this situation- but, I am giving it to a higher power. I can not let negativity drag me down. I have zero time for that. I wish you all the best in your future and hope that you find the success and joy that you are seeking.

I'm sure this is not the last time a situation like this will occur. I'm sure over my career with this business- there will be dozens of other situations just like this. But,  as with everything- this is a learning experience for me.  I am learning how to deal with this particular kind of situation- and, I guess, for what it's worth- Thanks for that.  Lessons lead to blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment