Tuesday, June 3, 2014

I thought I killed it!

So this past week, I've been fairly observant of things. Like, I noticed that my house is a complete disaster. So now my pregnancy hormones are in overdrive telling me I have to clean, clean, clean! But, something else happened and it got me thinking.......

So, I was straightening up my office and in my windowsill, I had this dead plant. I kept this plant alive for about a year in my office at my "normal" job. When I lost my job, I brought this plant home and immediately, it became a tragedy. I thought for certain, I killed it.

This plant, has been sitting in my window for a good 2 months now, no water, too much sun... and even uprooted by my 2 year old. I thought it was dead.

But, as I was cleaning I noticed something. Something in my window. It was........green. How could this be? I have neglected this plant for 2 months. It's been abused and tortured....left in the sun to shrivel up and die.

I began to take away the dead leaves, and low and behold the plant had re-rooted itself in the dirt. Very delicately, it had found a way to survive. There were all kinds of little tiny leaves in my pot, and they were green. So immediately- I began to nurture the plant. I tucked it back into the soil, gave it a drink and set it back in my window sill.

Well, it's been a few days, and I checked on my plant. I kind of tugged on the biggest part, and guess what. It was firmly planted in the soil. The leaves are a little greener, and a little plumper. It's ......growing!

What is my conclusion from all of this amazingly unusual turn of events?

Basically, sometimes we burn out. Sometimes, we appear to be dead. We get exhausted. Tired. We just fizzle. But, sometimes, sometimes if people just leave us alone, we begin to heal ourselves. We take root of what we have left deep down in our hearts- and begin to shed away the dead parts, and just barely hang on to the life we love.

And then, when it's the right time... someone comes along and sees we are still there- hanging on....still alive. And they begin to feed us, nurture us and care for us. It's at this moment, that we realize we never really died, we just needed a break. We just needed a little time out. Some...alone time. But now....now we are ready to spring back into life- to grab root of our hopes and dreams and begin to grow and reach our destiny! Sometimes, we just need someone to help us trim away the dead spots. So we can focus on the new things.

Where are you at in your business? Does it feel like your burning out? Maybe it's time to take a little rest. Soon, soon someone will be along to help bring you back to life! Don't give up. NEVER give up... there is still hope!

From this old rotten, dead stump, springs a new tree- new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment